Coomera Anglican College Foundation Ltd is a public company limited by guarantee, established by the College Council during 2001, to assist in securing the advancement of the College. The Foundation aims to gather together the skills, experience and support of Past Students, Parents and Friends of the College, and the broader community to assist the College to plan for the future with confidence. It is a critical part of the College community.
To this end, the Foundation office was formally established in mid 2002 to oversee the marketing, development, fundraising, and international student recruitment functions of the College.
Currently the operations of the Foundation are focused on fundraising and philanthropic services, corporate and community relations, Past Students (Alumni) relations and activities.
The Foundation is proud of its achievements and recognises the generosity of the entire College community and local businesses as it embarks on assisting in the next stages of development in the College.
The Foundation oversees the operation of two specific funds as permitted under Australian Taxation Law.
These funds have been established to support the College vision of inspiring excellence in everything our students do now and into the future. The College’s academic resources and infrastructure have grown very quickly in a short time, and there will be continual demands for development, renewal and improvement.
The Foundation proudly embraces the goals and objectives of the College.
Coomera Anglican College Building Fund - “Building Foundations”
The Building Fund aims to assist the College with its ambitious and continued programme of capital works that will see current and future generations of students learning and growing in state-of-the-art facilities.
Recent funds raised have gone to the construction of the Coomera Anglican College Aquatic Centre, and assisted in the construction of the Senior Primary Classroom Block.
Future projects will be the construction of specialist classrooms on the senior campus, establishment of a purpose built lecture theatre and expanded Performing Arts facilities.
Coomera Anglican College Scholarship Fund - “Providing Futures”
The Coomera Anglican College Scholarship Fund was established to create opportunities for all students to study at Coomera Anglican College, to reach their full potential, and to enrich a genuine love of learning within our caring supportive community.
Various scholarships will be available under the Scholarship Fund to:
- offer meritorious students from low income or disadvantaged families the chance to attend Coomera Anglican College from Year 7 to complete their Junior Secondary and Secondary schooling;
- support current enrolled students with full or part scholarships so that they may continue their education at the College, despite genuine financial hardship that their family may be experiencing.
- offer current senior Secondary students at Coomera Anglican College an opportunity to extend their academic learning, to challenge themselves personally, and nurture their emotional, physical, social, spiritual and cultural growth as individuals, with life-changing experiences, adventures and community responsibility both within Australia and abroad.
Scholarships will be advertised on the College website as they become available. The number of scholarships available will be limited by donations received, and the program that will be reviewed regularly to meet the needs both of scholarship donors and recipients We invite you to invest in the future of our students by making a tax deductible gift to the Coomera Anglican College Foundation Scholarship Fund. Your generosity and support will enable our College to make a difference in the lives of the students who study with us.
The Foundation Board will continue to support the College goals through fundraising and, in consultation with the College Principal and College Council, will determine its role in ensuring these projects come to fruition.
Spirit of giving
The facilities that our students enjoy today have been built on the back of the generosity and commitment of past families and the College community who believed in what the College stood for, and were inspired to imagine the legacy they will leave for the future. In order to build the future of our College we very much rely on our community spirit, and the community’s ability to contribute what and where they can. All gifts and contributions, large or small as graciously received with sincere thanks. DONATE NOW
Voluntary gifts to the Coomera Anglican College Building Fund and Scholarship Fund are tax deductible and can be made in a number of ways:
• Regular Giving Plan: Regular donations to the College Building Fund or Scholarship Fund are the lifeblood of our fundraising activities. These regular contributions enable the Foundation to maintain a regular schedule of works for buildings and ongoing significant giving for scholarships. Most donors find it convenient to make a regular contribution by monthly deduction from a nominated bank account. One off donations can be made at any time through the Coomera Anglican College Foundation. DONATE NOW
• Annual Appeal: As major projects take place at Coomera Anglican College, the Foundation will periodically conduct special capital campaigns to help realise the completion of these projects. These capital campaigns rely heavily on donations from our current and past parents and students and the wider community. Every contribution makes a difference. DONATE NOW
• Bequest Program: Benefactors may be interested in leaving a gift of money, property or other items from their estate in their will to benefit future generations with the gift of a Coomera Anglican College education. We would be happy to assist you to provide the necessary wording for your bequest. Enquires or requests for additional information regarding the Coomera Anglican College Building Fund or Scholarship Fund should be directed to the Foundation Office on 5585 9979 or DONATE NOW