The 2018 Grandparents’ Day was full of celebration, colour and clever book character costumes, all set under a glorious August sky. Our grandparents entered into the spirit of the day through their support and encouragement of their grandchildren, and it was fantastic to see the coming together of two generations in a celebration of family and learning. The Archbishop's message for us this year was to find ways of bringing generations together. College grandparents added great wisdom to the Book Week theme, “Find Your Treasure”, as they enjoyed time at the book character parade, in classrooms and at the book fair.
Grandparents are a perpetual reminder of the opportunities and optimism that education provides. But undoubtedly a grandparent’s influence goes even deeper than this. The imagery of the old school days produces a captivating nostalgia, and it was delightful for us all to hear the many inspiring and, in some cases, amusing stories of the old school days recounted fondly by many of our special guests. It would seem that the coming together of the generations on Grandparents Day ignites a passion of togetherness. Without doubt, Grandparents’ Day is one of our most enjoyable days of the year. Thank you to all of our grandparents and special friends.
Book Week – Find Your Treasure
The Book Week activities this week have been very popular with all concerned. The highlight of the week was the special Book Character Parade held today on Grandparents’ Day. There was such an amazing variety, colour and creativity in the costuming on the day. Our students, teachers, parents and grandparents all looked fantastic! I thank Mrs Wellham, Mr Davis, Mrs Spinks and Mrs Wood for their excellent organisation of the week. Congratulations to the following classes for the best decorated book week doors:
Years 3–6: 4P
Coomera Anglican College Public Speaking Competition Winners
I am pleased to be able to announce the winners of our 2018 Coomera Anglican College Public Speaking Competition.
The winners are:
Year Four – Ava Barrett
Year Five – Cooper Moore
Year Six – Jessica Brown
Congratulations to each of these students!
Dads' Day Gift Stall – Thursday 23 August
PAFA will be holding a Dads' Day Stall on Thursday 23 August in the Primary Campus. Some beautiful $7.00 gifts are being prepared for your child to select. Your child might also like to purchase a gift for Grandpa.
Please note the following important changes to the Fathers’ Day Gift Stall:
- All gifts are $7.00 each
- No pre-ordering required; gifts may be purchased on the day with cash payment only
- Correct money is required, please place in a small ziplock sandwich bag with your order form
- Please do not send in any cash until the day of the Stall on Thursday 23 August
Dads' Day Celebration – Friday 7 September
The Dads’ Day celebration this year is on the morning of Friday 7 September. Invitations and details of the morning will be sent out in the Primary weekly updates and will be available on Passmarc.
Congratulations to this week's recipients of the Flourishing Award for displaying the following attributes:
- Are actively engaged in learning.
- Have a sense of accomplishment, setting, working toward and achieving goals.
- Use a growth mindset to overcome challenges and build resilience.
- Enjoy positive relationships.
- Savour and build upon positive emotions.
- Demonstrate gratitude for their God-given gifts and talents and respond in loving service.
- Find meaning in God, and purpose in giving and receiving God's love through service.
- Honouring our bodies with healthy choices, exercise, good sleep and recreation.