Exploring beyond the boundaries of Loving Life Together
As the second term comes to an end, we can all take pride in our students’ ability to work and connect with each other, their teachers and the community in general. This term, Loving Life Together has allowed our students to create within themselves, a resilience that enables them to confidently explore and create new and exciting futures. This is without doubt the fundamental drive in the attainment of success and achievement, and during this first semester, the students of the Primary Campus have operated with composure, self-assurance and aptitude. There is no doubt, our theme continues to inspire us all!
I wish all families a well-earned break from the routine of the College day over the next three weeks and I hope encourage everyone returns in Term 3, ready to continue exploring our theme of “Loving Life Together”.
Congratulations to all our wonderful athletes from Year 3 – Year 6 who ran, jumped and threw with enthusiasm and great heart yesterday. Every student did their best and relished the opportunity to be a part of their particular House group. Lane House won the carnival and Morris House took out the highly coveted Duck Trophy for their amazing cheering! Congratulations to Mrs McLauchlan and the HPE staff who organised an excellent event!
College Camp Programme – Begin the preparation now!
Information about the Years 3 – 5 camps will be sent home early in Term 3. The Year 6 camp will be held in Term 4. There will be an opportunity to talk with your children’s class teachers about the camps at the Semester Two Parent Information Afternoon, which is being held in Week 3 of Term 3. The venues and dates of our Years 3 – 6 College Camps are listed below.
- Year 3 - Sleepover – (Coomera Anglican College) Friday 24 August 2018
- Year 4 – (Lake Ainsworth) Monday 27 – Wednesday 29 August 2018
- Year 5 – (Tyalgum Ridge) Monday 27 – Thursday 30 August 2018
- Year 6 – (Noosa North Shore) Monday 10 September – Thursday 13 September 2018
Staff Changes for Term 3
Mrs Isla Fuller and Mrs Carley Penberthy are taking Maternity Leave and I wish them both well as they prepare for the birth of their children.
Mrs Kirsty Jackson (Year 2J Teacher) will take Long Service Leave during Term 3 and 4. We wish her well as she takes her leave.
Mrs Caroline Pollard will be leaving the Primary Campus administration to take up the role as Teacher Assistant within our Music Department. I thank Mrs Pollard for her work in the Primary Campus.
Beginning of Term 3
Parents are reminded that the start of Term 3 is on Tuesday 10 July.
Congratulations to this week's recipients of the Flourishing Award for displaying the following attributes:
- Are actively engaged in learning.
- Have a sense of accomplishment, setting, working toward and achieving goals.
- Use a growth mindset to overcome challenges and build resilience.
- Enjoy positive relationships.
- Savour and build upon positive emotions.
- Demonstrate gratitude for their God-given gifts and talents and respond in loving service.
- Find meaning in God, and purpose in giving and receiving God's love through service.
- Honouring our bodies with healthy choices, exercise, good sleep and recreation.